Mckenna Sauvignon Blanc
Very approachable wine where the fruit rises well in the glass. The palate combined soft and rounded stone fruit flavours with a long lasting finish.
Mckenna Cabernet Sauvignon
The wine pours well and shows a good rich depth of young ruby and purple colours in the glass. Obvious and clean bouquet with warming and rounded plum and dark berry fruits. Rich and deep flavour on the palate.
Bottled early to maintain freshness, great gooseberry, lime and floral flavours
Un-Oaked, violets and plumbs with soft medium intensity
Selected bunches of grapes where fermented slowly to maintain fruit presence, 9 months aging in new oak
50% of the blend was aged for 11 months in one, two and three year old French oak. 50% of the blend was aged in Stainless steel to preserve the freshness of the fruit
51% of the blend was aged for 7 months in used French oak. 49% of the blend was aged in Stainless steel to preserve the freshness of the fruit.
Natural decantation occurred in stainless steel tanks. All the wine went through 3-4 week low temperature fermentation in stainless steel vats at 15ºC, followed by 4 months aging on lees.
Intense, rich nose with a floral scent and notes of tropical fruits (citrus, grapefruit, mango and melon), mixed with flinty mineral notes. On the palate, the wine is fresh and complex, showing a juicy, rounded, well-balanced mouth-feel.
Must was fermented in stainless steel tanks 12 days at 26-28°C with native yeast, followed by a 2 weeks post-fermentation maceration. The wine was aged in French oak Bordeaux barrels for 10 months, 32 % new and one year old barrels and 68% second year used.
Must was fermented in stainless steel tank with native yeast for 15 days at 28-30° C, followed by a two weeks post-fermentation maceration. The wine was aged 8 months in new and one year French oak barrels. (20% new oak and 80% used).
38% of the grapes where hand de-stemmed. The remaining 62% had a double selection in long sorting tables. Must underwent cold skin maceration for 5 days at 10°C before fermentation. Fermentation lasted 15 days at 25ºC to 28°C. Post fermentation skin contact for 7 to 12 days. All the wine was aged 20 months in new (80%) and one year old (20%) French oak barrels.