Independent Beverage Partners, serving Ireland since 1959

Full service wholesaler and drinks expertise.
Deep category and consumer insight.

Comans are an independent beverage wholesaler, distributing products to over 10,000 outlets nationwide. Delivering the right products, on time, to our on-trade and off-trade customers, and providing new product brands with immediate access to over 10,000 outlets.

Led by our senior team, and backed by our reliable, extensive logistics network, we’ve developed the team, distribution and relationships to understand and deliver exactly what our trade and brand customers need.

Our Story

Comans Wholesale was founded in Dublin in 1959 by Patrick Coman. Under the stewardship of Geoff Coman in the 1980s the company began to develop its own brands as well as becoming the exclusive partner for some pillar international brands.

In the early 1990s Comans became the keg distributor for HEINEKEN Ireland in Dublin and later the entire East Coast. HEINEKEN also acquired a number of regional wholesalers on the West coast of Ireland as well as operators in Galway, Mayo and Donegal, all of which collectively became known as Western Beverages. In 2016 a joint venture was created between Comans Wholesale and Western Beverages to become Comans Beverages with Geoff and Tom Coman taking 75% share of the business and HEINEKEN Ireland with 25%. HEINEKEN decided to purchase the remaining 75% of the business in 2022 thereby fully taking control of its Keg distribution to the entire On Trade.

A winning team

From the delivery truck to the boardroom we strive to be the customer’s favourite beverage partner. We work hard every day to build brands, drive the categories and drinks business forward and support our customers and partners with the information they need.

Christy Power, Managing Director

Leadership Team

We’re a team of over 200 professionals to serve your business. We work tirelessly on your behalf to sell, market and distribute the products and brands you need to grow your revenue and excel in your outlet.

Christy Power
Managing Director
Redmond Gavin
Wine Director
Brian Sherry
On Trade Director
Deirdre Byrne
Finance Director
John Hales
Off Trade Director
Orla Byrne
HR Director
Michael Hyde
National Distribution Manager

Our Brands Include


Come work with Coman’s!

We have open roles all over Ireland across customer service, business development, field sales and merchandising as well as other roles in finance, HR and marketing. We’d love to hear from you. We are looking for enthusiastic, committed professionals who already have some career experience in FMCG or sales or marketing.

Let’s Talk

Call +353 01 4662700

Email info@comans.ie

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
*Required Field.